Thursday, August 18, 2011

Remaking Myself - To Tell or Not To Tell


Once I made up my mind to remake myself, I began to struggle with a question I'd not anticipated. Do I tell people what I'm doing and how or not?

On the one hand, if I don't tell people and just keep it as a secret to myself, I wouldn't have to explain any success or failure. I wouldn't be called to task if I'm failing somehow. I could just smile a secretive little smile when people ask me why I look slimmer.

But.... if I don't tell people, I am possibly creating an all-too-easy out for myself?

On the other hand, if I tell people, I will be judged (or at least feel as it I'm being judged) constantly. This can be on my exercise level, my current "look", my food intake - just about anything. I leave myself open to embarassment if I fail or bobble on my journey.

I did a lot of thinking about this and, as you can tell by this blog, I decided to make my goals and my thoughts, struggles, successes and failures public. I think this will both keep me more honest and maybe (if anyone else reads this besides close friends and family), it might help encourage someone else.

So, we'll see. In the meantime, I'm forging onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment